Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Maxwell's



Maxwell's

1 Wall Street

Morgantown, WV 26505

304-292-0982

Happy 30th Anniversary, Maxwell's!!!

One of my absolute FAVORITE places to dine in this world is Maxwell's in Morgantown, WV. Maxwell's is located in the alley perpendicular to High Street known as Wall Street. Brunch, lunch, dinner, coffee and dessert-it doesn't matter; Maxwell's is there to meet your culinary needs. Their food is to die for and the prices are quite reasonable. I can honestly say that I have NEVER had anything less than spectacular in the 15 years that I have been going to Maxwell's for meals.

I had not been to Maxwell's in roughly a year. I was jonesing for some of their homemade blue cheese dressing. There is nothing better than ordering a side of their home fries and dipping them into the BEST blue cheese dressing that I have ever had the opportunity to be blessed with. The BoyFriend, two friends, and I decided to stop by and see Becky and the ladies at Maxwell's this Sunday prior to hitting I79 back to Charleston. What better way to end a fantastic homecoming weekend in Morgantown than with a Maxwell's brunch?!

When entering the small, but quaint restaurant we were met with a 10 minute wait. The place was hopping with diners, but the staff was efficient in table turn overs. The wait gave us time to peruse the local artists that were featured on the wall this particular month. Plus, this is the most important part, the 10 minutes that we waited prior to be seated gave us a moment to contemplate the Specials Board. The Specials Board is really a beautiful, beautiful thing. Rum butter French toast for brunch or skip straight to the homemade cheese cake?!

Normally, when going to Maxwell's I almost ALWAYS get the Italian Griller, home fries, and a side of blue cheese. However, today the Specials Board all but slapped me across the face. From the top of the Specials Board I ordered the Eggs Oscar, home fries, and homemade blue cheese dressing. Eggs Oscar might be the best brunch I have ever had in my life. Eggs Oscar- Eggs Benedict, but the Canadian Bacon is substituted with a homemade crab cake drizzled in Maxwell's original homemade Hollandaise Sauce. The Boyfriend ordered the same. Friend 1 ordered the omelet special. I believe it was a mushroom, Swiss, red pepper omelet. It smelled devine! Friend 2 ordered the Rum Butter French Toast. I was givent he opportunity to sample this. Wow! Everyone was beyond satisfied. In retrospect I wish that I had taken pictures, but I don't believe my meal stood a chance-I ravished it!

If you are ever in the Morgantown area, I urge you to try Maxwell's. They have the Tuesday Taste of Home Specials, Thursday Pasta Nights, Friday and Saturday Seafood Feasts, Sunday Brunches, and the daily menu. Open 7 days a week, Maxwell's is there to serve the best in home made and fresh dishes! You have to taste for yourself.

No comments: