Monday, September 29, 2008

Kegler's Sports Bar Review

If you have ever spent any time in Morgantown, then you have been to Kegler's Sports Bar. Kegler's, located on the Evansdale Campus side of Morgantown, has been one of Morgantown's top Sports Bars since 1994. They have a variety of big screen TVs to watch multiple games on, several different wing sauces that are to die for, and a large food and beverage menu to keep you happy. The wait staff is eye candy for the boys, too. I love Kegler's. I have always had a good time when I go there. However, I was there yesterday and had such an AWFUL experience that I'll be hesitant to go back any time soon.

Three of my friends and I went there to eat lunch and watch a bit of football prior to heading back to the Charleston area. It was crowded, but not obnoxiously so. We all placed drink orders and food orders. A blue burger, a BBQ burger, popcorn chicken in South West Sauce with fries, and an order of chips with artichoke dip. Within 20 minutes the burgers arrived. At the 45 minute mark, the boys were finished with the burgers, and we still had yet to receive our food. We asked our server about it. She responded with a laugh, "The kitchen loves to mess up my orders because it is me." I looked at her with a WTF face! I was shocked. No apology, nothing.

At the hour mark, we told her, "Cancel our order, please. This is ridiculous."

She responds, "Are you sure. It should only be a few more minutes."

"That is what you said 20 minutes ago. Please, cancel it. Bring the checks. Thank you very much."

The only plus is that she didn't charge us for the drinks. However, not once did anyone in the place apologize! I'm not one to normally be critical of service or meals at restaurants. However, in all honesty, this was inexcusable.

I rode back to Charleston on an empty stomach.

Unfortunately, I won't be going back to Kegler's until the memory is gone. And if I do, I won't sit in her section if the kitchen really does hate her that much. (Dark hair to shoulders. She wore glasses.)


Kegler's Sports Bar and Lounge on Urbanspoon

13 comments:

I'm The Chez said...

I had really been looking forward to trying that new south west sauce, too. :(

Anonymous said...

Dark hair and glasses? Sarah Palin waitresses at Kegler's? So that's why she's been ducking the media..

I'm The Chez said...

That's funny!

Anonymous said...

WOW it's a sports bar and u r being a little bitch about it. Maybe u shouldn't go back

I'm The Chez said...

Dear Second Anonymous,

First of all, rather than skim the blog, you should read it. I KNOW it's a sports bar. I'm well aware of it. I have been going to Kegler's for years. I made comment about loving Kegler's. Hence the reason I was so suprised at how awful the service was on a Sunday during football season. I was disappointed.

You are entitled to your opinion as am I. However, there really is no need to call someone a bitch, especially while hiding behind "Anonymous."

EssayWritersWorld.com said...

dark hair o_O why she did it?? I totally dislike this her new style :((

homework paper said...

yes, new her style isn't so cool,as was before. I didn't like it too

Unknown said...

I shockingly like this dazzling site, everything is central here. We will complete this by helping our clients professionally in making the best-redid courses of action. The client is our best need, Someone Write my Assignment and there place stock in, our productive asset. There are different specific online diaries out there on this point yet this one is Goliath.

Unknown said...

Your content is well-written and simple enough for a novice to understand. As a result, it can be extremely beneficial to beginners. Thank you for sharing that information. I admire and respect writers like you.
Cash for Xbox Online

Unknown said...

Because you make so many excellent points, I read your essay numerous times. Your views of view are, for the most part, comparable to mine. This is fantastic content for your readers.
seagate momentus 5400 3

sell my laptop online said...

This is a great article. thank you fo the blog...nice

Henry Arthur said...

Great piece of information here on your website. Keep up the good work, I am really glad that I found your website and I will gladly subscribe your blog for more interesting information.
Sell Apple iPhone 14 Pro 512GB

sell iphone xs 64gb said...

I read your article several time since you make so many amazing points. This is excellent material. Thank you for the Nice blog...