Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Brought To You By The Letter...



Here’s how it works…You leave a comment on this post, and I’ll assign you a letter. You write about ten things you love that begin with your assigned letter, and post it at your place. When people comment on your list, you give them a letter, and the chain continues on and on. (I copied that from The Evil Twin's Wife and she copied off someone else, so... feel free to rip it off again).So, I left a comment and she gave me the letter "E." Here's my list:


1. Elephants: I have been slightly obsessed with elephants since the first day I can remember. I love them. I love watching them, learning about them, being around them. I'm even a proud owner of a T-shirt that was painted on by Steph at The Sedgewick County Zoo! I love elephants. If you were to step into my apartment you would see close to 100 elephant figurines, crystals, lamps, tables, stuffed versions, etc. Obsession.


2. Eggplant Parmesan: It's what I order when visiting Fazio's. I love eggplant parmesan.


3. Eggs Poached Softly: I am a poached egg snob! It is the one of the few items I will send back to the kitchen if it is not prepared perfectly. I am not one to do this to a restaurant kitchen unless they have messed with my egg! I love a perfectly poached egg on a toasted piece of sourdough bread. Southern Kitchen used to make the best next to my mom. I make a pretty mean poached egg myself. For Christmas I even received this.


4. East of Eden: by John Steinbeck. It is my favorite book ever written. I had to read it as a junior in high school and have read it ever summer since! I buy it as gifts to friends. Friends have bought copies of it for me. You can't go wrong with a summer day and a copy of East of Eden.


5. Education: We are privileged to have the ability and the right to an education in the United States! Education leads to knowledge. Knowledge leads to power. Power leads to change!


6. Edward Cullen: I have joined the ranks of millions of teenage girls and closeted soccer moms. I am in love with a vampire! If you read the Twilight series, you would totally understand. If you didn't, it's not my fault that you suck! (Just kidding. You don't really SUCK. You're just missing out on a lot. Ok, you do kinda suck.)

7. E-mail: What did we do before Al Gore invented the Internet? Seriously?! Not that I don't LOVE receiving a hand written note (it's a dying art form), but let's face it, there isn't anything like the instant gratification that comes with the phrase of "You've Got Mail!" I love e-mail. It's fast, free, and frequent!

8. Eskimo Kisses: Is there anything sweeter, especially when you see little ones Eskimo kissing?!

9. Eat: Lord knows, BABY like to EAT! I mean, come on, two of the 10 items on this list are foods! 'Nough said.

10. Earned: Not given. Not handed out. Not pitied. Earned. A job well done and compensated. Hard work. Is there any better feeling than having earned something? Well, maybe a few, but it surely does feel nice.

5 comments:

Bethie said...

I'm a sucker for these chain posts right now, and who better to talk about Elephants and Eggs than you? Nice one. Hit me!

I'm The Chez said...

Bethie...your letter is B. This letter was randomly picked by a student. I yelled, "Give me the first letter that pops into your head, Ashley!" She yelled back, "B, Chez!"

sara said...

Oooh me too! I need a good project to assist me with procrastination of another. And the word verification word is "conaned" which sounds fun!

I'm The Chez said...

Spinster Girl, your letter is...F!
Once again the letter was picked randomly from a student. Enjoy!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

E-xcellent list! I worried that E might be too difficult, but you pulled it off (I grabbed tiles from a Scrabble bag for my peeps). Thanks for playing!