Friday, January 16, 2009

Soundtrack of My Life

It's silly, but fun.

If your life were a soundtrack, what would the music be?

Here’s how it works:
1. open your library (iTunes, winamp, media player, iPod)
2. put it on shuffle
3. press play
4. for every question, type the song that’s playing
5. new question - press the next button

OPENING CREDITS
Cocoon by Jack Johnson

WAKING UP
Free Fallin' by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
Fools Rush In/I Can't Help Falling In Love by Lick the Tins (Elvis Cover)

FALLING IN LOVE
Have Mercy On Me by Loretta Lynn

BREAKING UP
Diary by Alicia Keys (Unplugged Version)

PROM
Restless by Alison Krauss and Union Station

GRADUATION
Pastures of Plenty by Alison Krauss and Union Station

COLLEGE
My Adidas by Run-DMC

MENTAL BREAKDOWN
Shoop by Salt-N-Pepa

DRIVING SCENE
I'm Going Slightly Mad by Queen

FLASHBACK
My Mic Sounds Nice by Salt-N-Pepa

RECONCILIATION
Trip Through Your Wire by U2

REALIZATION OF "He's Not The One"
Now I Know by Cowboy Junkies

COLLEGE GRADUATION
One Night Gone by Brianna Lane

WORKFORCE
Something Beautiful Remains by Tina Turner

DATING
Down To The Waterline by Dire Straits

ENGAGEMENT
Lies by Glen Hansard

WEDDING
Moonshadow by Cat Stevens

BIRTH OF A CHILD
Dreaming My Dreams With You by Cowboy Junkies

FINAL BATTLE
It's Been A Hard Day's Night by The Beatles

DEATH SCENE
Beautiful Goodbyes by Jennifer Hanson

FUNERAL SONG
Atonement by Lucinda Williams

END CREDITS
Kokoleoko by VooDoo Katz

Reflection:
I'm actually a bit speechless. Some of the songs were fairly accurate when I think back to those times in my life. Others at first glance were shocking until I listening to the lyrics. I suppose as human beings we can find meaning in just about anything. It was still a fun little walk down memory lane and perhaps jaunt into the future.

No comments: