Friday, August 28, 2009

Please, Mr. Postman, look and see...

My mom surprised me and is having an Aerogarden shipped to me! I'm excited. I live in an apartment building downtown in the historical section of the East End and I don't have a yard. I miss being able to grown fresh herbs and lettuce. My mom has cured my ailment with this beauty. My first set of pods is basil. However, I think I would like to grow one other herb or lettuce at the same time. Suggestions??? I'll let you know how this bad boy works out! You might even find yourself cooking with some Chez basil in the next few months!

4 comments:

Dan Wright said...

Let us know how that thing works. It would be great to have herbs all year round. Try some lavender or cilantro, they are both pretty tough to grow (at least it is for me).

I'm The Chez said...

Danny,

My mom has one and loves it during the winter months. I think cilantro is a great idea!!!! I'll keep ya updated.

Chez

rachaelgking said...

Oh, man. As a fresh basil addict living in downtown DC, please let us know! What a great idea.

I'm The Chez said...

It arrived today. The starting pods are all basil. However, there are seven different types of basil in this particular pack. I will get it up and growing this week. I'll fill you all in as to how well it works.