Monday, March 9, 2009

World Builder


World Builder from Bruce Branit on Vimeo.

This is a short film written, directed, and produced by Bruce Branit. The film was shot in a day. However, the post production work took upwards to two years. In the digital, computerized day and age in which we live, I am struck at the special effects, but also the vision of what some believe will be reality rather than fantasy in the coming years. The story line leaves me wanting to discuss. However, I'm not entirely sure where to begin. I will spend some time formulating thoughts and comment later. Watch the film and tell me what you think.

3 comments:

Greg Bolt said...

This is seems a little to god-like. You know create your own thing don't need god, of course one could argue that is inspiration comes from God, but whatev.

Anyway I thought it was well done and worthy of getting feedback on especially regarding the Creation story from Genesis.

Just initial thoughts...

Greg

I'm The Chez said...

Greg,
Those were my initial first thoughts- very Gattica like.

After I finished watching it the first time, it bothered me a bit until I thought of it from this perspective. What a wonderful opportunity to say goodbye. Perhaps it was part of his healing process, and gave him the ability to trust in God and say goodbye to his dying wife/girlfriend. He creaeted a world that gave her joy for one last moment. It gave him joy to see her comfortable. When it was time for it to be over, they were both accepting.

Just a thought.
Chez

Pay for essay Custom-Papers.co.uk said...

Hmm... Music and sound effects really had a deft touch and was just nice. IMO.