Monday, November 2, 2009

Memory Lane

My uncle is working on our family tree and researching McChesney ancestry. Every once in a while I do some Internet researching of my own to see if there are any leads that I can find to help him. In doing so I ran across my grandfather's obituary unexpectedly. It took me a back for a moment. And then...I smiled because as Morrie Schwartz says, "Death ends a life, not a relationship." Do you all remember "Dancing Lessons?" He was a great man.

David W. McChesney
David Wallace McChesney, 78, of Charleston died Tuesday, May 5, 1998, in CAMC, Memorial Division, after a short illness. He was a retired district sales manager for Continental Conveyor Co., Charleston, a member of First Presbyterian Church, Charleston, an Army veteran of World War II, a graduate of McCallie Prep School, Chattanooga, Tenn., received a mining engineering degree from West Virginia University and was a 45-year resident of the Kanawha Valley. Surviving: wife, Lynne McChesney; sons, David W. Jr. of Sutton, John F. of Charleston; four grandchildren. Memorial service will be 3 p.m. Saturday at First Presbyterian Church Sanctuary, Charleston, with the Rev. Douglas Heidt and the Rev. Dean Thompson officiating. Friends may call after the service in the Activities Building of the church. The family suggests memorial contributions to First Presbyterian Church Library Fund, 16 Broad St., Charleston, WV 25301, or a charity of choice. Barlow-Bonsall Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.

No comments: