Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Wish for 2009

This fantastically, wonderful phenomenon blew into Morgantown about a year before I blew out. However, when I made the move to Berkeley Springs, WV, I was pleased to find that just down the street, as in walking distance, was a SHEETZ! When time was an issue or I was too damn tired to make dinner for one, I would walk on down to THE Sheetz-iz, as the locals called it, and order a MTO Chicken Caesar Salad or wrap. It was even a great big deal when the local Sheetz-iz received their deep frier from head quarters; it made the dream of French Fries, Hashbrowns and other fried goodness a possibility. I have sincerely missed my MTOs since moving to Charleston. If I can have any wish for the upcoming year it would be for Sheetz to make it's way to Charleston. What will it take to get them here??? Do I need to start a petition? Overload them with email? Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Bethie said...

I will petition, march, email, even pray...whatever it takes to get a Sheetz. Don't you think it would sit nicely in the KC area say across from Kroger?

Krista K said...

Just tell me where to sign that petition or who's house we need to stand infront of to get a Sheetz down in Charleston. Seriously, if they need employees, I'll work it just to have one! :) And Beth, I think that is a great location for the new sheetz!

Unknown said...

I heard they were putting one at the Milton exit. maybe Charleston proper won't be far behind.

Another great thing about Sheetz is the no-charge ATM. We always stop at a Sheetz, either at exit 99 or in Motown, to get parking cash out of the ATM. oh, and Ron usually gets an MTO.

Melissa said...

ooooh, I love the Sheetz-iz! I was upset when it first came to Morgantown, because it signaled greater commercialization encroaching on my childhood neighborhood (North Hills, Near Mon General), but now I looooove it. They have the best fries ANYWHERE. That is one thing Charleston truly lacks. As a frequent traveler to Charleston, I will sign that petition.

At my wedding, a couple of Danny's out-of-town hippie friends were close by as I was talking to a friend (Meshea, I believe) about the glory of Sheetz! "What's that?" they asked. "Ooohhh, it's a gas station with the BEST FOOD EVER!!!!" A look of undeniable horrible crossed their faces. It was priceless. I think they went home and planted a tree for me.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I'd love to see loads more choices for this area. Besides, I like trying new things (I've never eaten at Sheetz).